Monday 22 February 2010

Existing Movie Magazine Front Covers


Before creating my own movie magazine front cover, I found it essiential to research exisiting magazine front covers. I did this, to help penetrate ideas, so that I was able to create a successful and realistic layout for my own front cover. The first magazine front cover I analysed was produced by Total Film, and is displayed on the left. We are made aware that this movie magazine may contain promotional details about the film 'King Kong' instantly, by the text placed to the left of the cover. The writing is larger than the rest of the text, minus the magazines title and so we are automatically drawn to reading what it says. Also, the 'models' featured on the cover, are famous stars, whom will attract fans into buying the magazine and watching the film. The front cover also contains smaller text, promoting what else there is to read if you buy this magazine, and so I will have to incorporate this into my own piece, as to make the magazine look realistic.
The second magazine front cover was again a cover from the magazine 'Total Film'. However, althernatively this time a 'scene' from the movie has been used. This creates a genre to be formed, with a skull being shown at the bottom left hand corner. Red font has been used, this could be to connotate blood. The title of the film being promoted has been written at the bottom of the cover, centrally, and so our eyes are automatically drawn to this.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.